Thursday, September 19, 2013

2nd IVF Update

In my last post, I wrote that I would be going to the Dr. on Tuesday and I did. I also went again this morning.
At Tuesday's appt. I had an ultrasound that showed that there still follicles/eggs in the ovaries and that they were growing but slowly.  The largest follicle was only 6mm.  The follicle needs to be around 20mm to have the retrieval. So my Dr. up the medication to a high dosage for a day and then back down to a medium dosage for yesterday.
Today at my Dr. appt. follicles have doubled in size.  Ranging in size from 10mm-13mm. My Dr. seemed pleased with these results and I am to stay at the medium dosage for my medications.  I also get to start going to the Dr for daily ultrasounds until its time to retrieve the eggs.  I also had my blood drawn today to check my estrogen levels. I know this important to the follicle growth but I cant remember why.
I have yet to start the 3rd medication, since the follicles are not quite big enough yet. Still doing one injection in the morning and one in the evening.
I suppose the good thing about the follicles growing at a relatively normal/slow pace is that I have not been overstimulated. Which I understand makes you feel terrible and puts the retrieval at risk of not happening.
I am still suffering from nearly constant headaches, some bloating and pressure in my belly.  Nothing really too terrible. I'm getting use to having the headaches at this point and I'll take the headaches over the other side effects.  Thankfully, I have not gained any weight as of yet. I was warned at the beginning of this process that I could gain 5-10 in water weight. Speaking of bad side effects, Greg should really be happy that I am not having emotional mood swings ; )

So, overall doing well!
Ultrasounds and possible more blood work Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Hopefully follicles will continue to grow and I will have a retrieval date for early next week.


Another update possibly sometime this weekend!

Thanks for all the support!
Courtney


No comments: