Sunday, September 22, 2013

IVF Weekend Update

I have been getting up very early for the last 5 days to go the Dr. for my daily ultrasounds. The getting up early is my least favorite part of these daily Dr. visits. I am definitely not a morning person.
Anyway, no one really cares about me complaining about getting out bed before 8 am! ; )

So last 3 ultrasounds have showed that the follicles are still growing but they are taking their sweet time. Only growing about 1mm a day. Which isn't necessarily bad, just means I am on my meds longer.  As of today the the majority of the small follicles are in the 13-14mm range and the bigger ones are in the 15-17mm range.
So close! And the Dr and nurse who have been monitoring me have both said that there are lots of follicles in there. Today, the nurse measured 15 of them and that wasn't all of them. The more the better! I'm hoping for 8 that fertilize and grow, since that is the max freezing number unless we pay more money.
Been having my blood drawn for the last 4 days. My arms look like a heroin addict with the puncture wounds and bruises. Been having my estrogen levels tested. Those levels were normal until yesterday, my Dr. called to tell me that it had gotten high so I didn't have to do my nightly injection. He didn't want to risk overstimulating, which I am glad for (and for not having to do one shot yesterday).
Having the estrogen levels tested again today. So I'll find out if I'm on or off the meds again today.
At Saturday's appt, the Dr. was thinking that I would have my retrieval on Tuesday but with the follicles still not quite big enough, retrieval could now be on Wednesday.
Side effects lately are still headaches. they aren't as bad as long as I drink lots of gatorade and water.
My belly has bloated up a little bit.  Looks like I have a constant food baby.
I also have some pressure in my belly and my belly feels heavy and full. I told the nurse I'm running out of room in there for all these big follicles.
Still no weight gain, pretty excited about that! And still feeling general alright.

Back the Dr. again tomorrow!

No comments: