Friday, December 6, 2013

Results

As most of you are aware because I couldn't keep my anticipation off of Facebook, I had my 1st pregnancy test blood draw on Wednesday.   Thankfully, the results came in relatively quickly so I didn't have spend all day in suspense.  Those results were POSITIVE! I had a HCG number of 74 and the nurse that called with my results said all they wanted to see was a number over 50. And she also told me that I was considered 3 weeks and 6 days along. So my number was perfect for being a day behind 4 weeks.  So I was over the moon excited but then I had to wait till today for my second blood draw. This time the HCG number needs to double or at least raise by 60% at the minimum.  Results from that blood draw came in with an HCG number of 157. So the number is great!
Now I'm officially 4 weeks and 1 day!
I have an ultrasound appt on the 20th so hopefully little embryo keeps growing at the appropriate rate and hopefully we will be able to see something.

I have been at this place 4 times now, so I'm excited and nervous. I've never had a pregnancy go past 8/9 weeks. So, just have to stay hopeful that this one will make full term.
I'll be keeping everyone updated as to how things progress.
For the time being though, I'm still on my progesterone injections and estrogen patches until otherwise told by the dr to stop. So probably 6-8 more weeks.

Also,  Greg told me not to tell what the gender is of what we are having until after an ultrasound. So another couple weeks of secret keeping! :-)

Thank you everyone for the all the support and prayers!  We appreciate it so much! Love you all!

No comments: