Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend and the Waiting!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!  I enjoyed mine for sure! Lots of food, family and fun!
After my parents left (after being here to help me out while I was bed rest after my transfer, Thank you to them!), my in-laws and BFF Ashley came to stay with us for Thanksgiving and the weekend.  It was definitely nice having people to our house for our first time hosting thanksgiving. Even though my in laws did most of the cooking.  Greg and I have no idea what we were doing and in general I wasn't very helpful except to tell everyone where things are in the kitchen. Everything turned out tasty and great! Special thanks to  the Noel's!
Over the weekend, we took everyone to Santa Fe to check out the shops at the Plaza and enjoy a New Mexican lunch. I also took everyone to a drinking chocolate place where they have meso-american hot chocolates (basically spicy hot chocolate) and candies. No one tried it but Greg.  They are the second group of people I have taken there and no one tries it. So not taking people there any more.
Greg also took his family up the Sandia Tram and hiked up in the snow. Ashley and I didn't go with them because I was taking it easy still, Ashley has already been up the tram and it was cold and there was snow up there still.  The pictures they took though were beautiful.  It is pretty in the forest with the snow on the ground. Greg and I then took everyone to our favorite New Mexican restaurant in town. It did not disappoint! Though the chili's were a little spicy for a couple of people. ; )
And everyone went home yesterday! Empty house and lots of laundry (which is all done already).
On top of Sandia




As for me and my transfer which I suppose in the real reason everyone is reading this:
Things are going as well as can be expected. I am trying not to read too much in to every pinch, twitch and pull in my lower abdomen but I can't help it. There isn't much I can do, this either worked or it didn't. I am 6 days past transfer so if my little tiny embryo implanted it has already happened (or not).  I still have to wait 2 more days until I get my first blood test.  Then 2 more days to get the 2nd, which will confirm either the positive or negative I get with the 1st blood test.  I was doing pretty good with the waiting until Saturday then really started wanting to know. Good thing we had people over to keep me distracted otherwise I would have been going crazy by Saturday.
In theory, I can test with a home pregnancy test, even though it wouldn't be completely accurate. Thankfully I don't have any in the house. I don't want to give myself false hope before getting actual results.
2 more days, just have to keep telling myself that!  Good thing I am going back to work this afternoon. Gotta stay busy!
So hopefully I will have results for everyone by the end of the day on Friday!

Time for everyone to start thinking, if in fact this entire process has worked (and I make it full term this time), are we having a BOY or a GIRL?

Lots of people have already told me what they think based on what I said I have wanted in the past, but as I said before we picked the 1st good one on our list.  Do you still think its a BOY or GIRL??
(I gotta have fun with the little bit of mystery I have left with this, cause obviously I've shared a lot)

No comments: