Thursday, September 22, 2016

5 days and progesterone started

I had my mid cycle ultrasound and blood work done a few days ago.  Ultrasound went great. Uterus is looking great again. So great that my blood test showed my estrogen is higher than the doctor wants it. He dialed back my estrogen medication dosage and had me go back for more blood work a couple days later. Well, that blood test showed my estrogen hadn't changed at all, so estrogen medication was dialed back a little bit more and back for more bloodwork tomorrow. I suspect that the doctor will knock down my dose again but we will see.  
Today I started the dreaded progesterone injections. Definitely my least favorite. But my thighs where I give myself my first set of injections are started to looked very spotted and bruised.  Along with my arm from all the blood draws.
Feeling over all better since being on the antibiotics. I think the extra estrogen has been contributing to my headaches though.  Hoping that once my levels get to normal(ish), I'll feel better.
In the mean time, looking forward to cooler weather! 
Also, a fun fact, when I have my transfer on the 26th will be exactly 3 years from when I had my egg reterival.  I'm hoping that is a good sign.  That egg reterival was the beginning of this process and that was successful.  Wish me luck!! 

No comments: