Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Back at it again

Its been awhile since I've updated this blog. Having a baby and now a toddler seems to use up lot of my free time. I'm definitely that cliche mom that can't use the bathroom alone. Let alone use a computer for more than 2 minutes without my helper. But anyway...
We have decided to try for baby number 2.  Which means going back through a frozen embryo transfer) cycle. Started with my consultation back in Feburary and a hysteroscopy back in March. Everything was good so I was good to go for the transfer. Only problem was that my fertile doctor was moving to a new office during the months I was hoping to have the transfer so we had to wait until late July.
I started in late June with my Lupron injections. Small needle in the thigh with medication to shut down my ovaries.  No need to ovulate this cycle. Also I'm back on metformin, medication that I was on for my last cycle to help regulate the PCOS symptoms. And this week I started with the estrogen patches. Starting with one patch and working my way up to 4 patches at one time.  Thankfully, side effects from all these meds have been mild to none. The patches irritate my skin when they are removed. So eventually I will end up with a belly covered in red squares.  That happened with my last cycle so I expected it.
As of today, I am 2 weeks away from the transfer! Getting excited and nervous! I have one more appointment next week to check them lining in my uterus to make sure it will be suitable for the embryo to nestle into. And then I will begin the dreaded progesterone injections.  Not looking forward to those. Big needle in lower back and the progesterone is in oil and takes forever to injection.  I'll be getting help from Greg on that one.
We are planning on only transferring one embryo again. Since one embryo worked out last time we are hoping for the same success. But with a boy embryo this time! Hoping to give Little A a baby brother.
I will try to be good about keeping the blog updated again through this process.


As for an update about Little A, she will be 2 in just over a month.  Time has been flying by! She full of sweetness and sass. She talks all the time and has an amazing vocabulary. She is about average/normal size for a 2 years old. She has curly blonde hair and she gets Shirley Temple references all time when we are out. She loves swimming, climbing, playing with her stuffed toys and  our cats. Who don't appreciate her play very much. She had 2 really good friends, but one has moved back to Germany. Her other friend, we make YouTube videos with. You can check us out on our Secret Parent Club channel.
I am hoping that she will be great big sister but she still gets jealous when hold other people's babies or play with other kids. She is however a little helper, even when her helping isn't very helpful.

No comments: