Saturday, July 30, 2016

First Test Results

Yesterday, I had my first pregnancy blood test. After waiting 6 hours for the doctors office to call me with results, I finally called. And results are Positive! But the hcg level (the hormone tested by home pregnancy tests) was only 7.6. The nurse said anything over 5 is considered pregnant. 7.6 is extremely low. With Alex my first blood was in the 70's. So while there is a little hope that this embryo stuck and is growing, the chances seem pretty low. I'm still on all my meds and I have another blood draw on Monday. We will be looking for a at least a doubling of the first number for this to be a viable pregnancy.
So more waiting! Not really looking forward to more waiting. Even though if I had a higher number we would still have to wait but I would be less anxious.  I feel like I'm in limbo. It's not good news but it's not bad news. I feel like this is worse than bad news. With bad news I could have planned our next step. But now it's a really big waiting game. And probably going to have multiple blood draws even if the number does double.
Update after get results on Monday!
Hope our little embryo is a fighter and a late bloomer!

No comments: