Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Transfer

Transfer has happened! Everything went relatively smoothly.  We transferred one hatching blastocyst! Meaning that little embryo was starting to grow and move out of it protective shell. The embryologist was really excited about the progress the little guy was making. So that made me very hopeful.  Especially because we lost one embryo in thawing.  It arrested/stopped growing so they had to get another embryo out of storage.
While at my transfer the nurse and Doctor both saw how bad my skin was reacting to the estrogen patches.  It was bad, I had lots of red blisters from the patches and I was incredibly itchy.  I thought maybe it was because I was the generic version of the patches.  Last time I was on the brand name ones and only had slight reaction to the patches.  Just red spots once removed, no blistering.  But anyway, dr said to get off all patches and he switched me to oral pill and vaginally suppositories (yes, you did need to know that). Since getting off the patches my skin has been recovering. 
The dreaded progesterone injections are still not great. I have a back full of bumps and bruises.  Those are to be expected.
Now it's the waiting game! I hate this part!


No comments: