Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Day 6 after transfer.... Waiting....

It's been almost a week since little embryo was transferred. Waiting is the worst part of this whole IVF situation. The waiting leaves room for hopefulness and dread.  I have very little "pregnancy" symptoms.  And any of these symptoms could be contributed to the medication or me just hoping I have symptoms.  Also, I have plenty of time to google every little thing and outcome.  Which also gives me hope and dread. Still have about 4 days until my first blood test and then a few days after that the confirmation blood test.

After my transfer, I was not required to be on bed rest like I was last time. Dr said there is no evidence to show that bed rest improves your chances of successful implantation.  Though this idea seems to vary by Doctor.  But with my mom here for a couple days after transfer to help with Alex, she required me to be on bed rest.  Though I still moved around more than last time.  Hard not to with a toddler running around.
My skin is recovering quickly from the estrogen patch disaster.  I still have red spots but the blisters are gone.  And the itching has gone away. Side effects from the pills and suppositories are minimal.  I had to have blood work done a few days after transfer to check my estrogen levels. My levels were higher than the doctor wanted so I got to cut back a little bit. One less pill is nice when I am taking about 7 pills. Progesterone injections are about the same.  Not great! But nothing to be done there.
Overall, feeling good and normal. Just going a little crazy waiting.  I think I am more impatient with the waiting this timethan last time. Just have to make it to the end of the week.

No comments: